Pages

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Yoga...Can you become addicted?!

Yoga has been recommended to me by friends, doctors, nurses, family members, basically anyone who has been following any of my last year. Its been about a month now that I've been going to Yoga classes at the Y and realized that I have totally become addicted yesterday when I went to a class at 11am then right before bed did a 20 minute class that I downloaded from the website www.yogadownload.com, and then set my alarm to get up early so I could work on a series of poses from a Yoga magazine that I recently purchased in hopes of working up to the Lotus position. I now can't wait to do my bedtime routine tonight, a morning routine tomorrow morning, and a class at the Y. I think I have a problem! But what a problem to have.

It is truly amazing to have the opportunity to build my body back to health. After this year I have a much better understanding of how my body works and what it needs in each moment. I love that I now have the chance to create a physical body from the ground up. Yoga is helping with that. So is the swimming but to be honest its the Yoga that I miss on the days that there isn't a class.

Basically, what I want to say is if you haven't tried it, do. And if you have tried it but didn't love it, try it again. And if you think I'm simply turning into a nut (which is, of course, entirely possible) take a look at what you do to feel good and really embrace it, love what you do, it can only make you happy and healthy.

1 comment:

  1. Just read this one! Love it! Love Yoga!! Love you!!! GO YOGA!

    ReplyDelete