Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Day +156 Post Transplant

Today is day +156 post transplant and a check-in day with my team at NIH here in Bethesda. A great day! My blood work looks great, some of my meds were changed for the better, and my PET Scan came back (as it did 8 weeks ago) normal...that means no activity showing. In addition, the size of my tumor continues to shrink! And I get to start doing blood work at home once a week instead of twice a week. That's one less needle stick every week and that makes me smile!

As always it was good to see all of the folks at NIH who have been a part of my care since we started visiting NIH in January. Not sure how many of them read this blog but to those of you who do: Thank you for all that you everyday in your jobs. You all have impacted my life in so many tangible and intangible ways. Now, pass that message on to the folks who don't read the blog and tell them to get reading!

Enjoyed a wonderful Jewish New Year's dinner this evening with a friend who I met through NIH and her family. The food was delicious and the company better! Truly a great way to celebrate a good Doctor's visit!

Looking forward to a little site seeing tomorrow as my flight doesn't leave until 5:20pm and all that I am required to do before that is pick up my prescription refills at NIH. Can't wait to get stopped again at security for having so many drugs in my bag...hopefully this time they'll let me keep my toothpaste!

3 comments:

  1. But your toothpaste is a SERIOUS security threat.

    Great news Lisa!!! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you dahling! Show off those meds proudly!
    Just allow yourself enough time to brag.

    ReplyDelete