Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Sunrise on Nantasket Beach

Yesterday morning, like most mornings I was awake well before 5am.  I lay in bed trying to sleep for quite a while before deciding, as I do most mornings that this is futile and I should just get up.  Yesterday was a little different though, I decided to go for a walk down by the beach.  This isn't something that I can do during the day without boatloads of sunscreen, a large hat and long sleeves (needless to say, this gets hot).  But, at 5am it is still slightly dark and not all that hot...perfect for walking by the beach.  At the start of my walk I met a man with his new puppy who had just had her first walk on the beach and was wildly excited about it.  Honestly, if it wouldn't have been totally ridiculous I might of been jumping up and down and shaking my tail in exciting just as this puppy was doing.  Not only was this my first walk at the beach since last fall but it is amazing to remember that I am lucky to have the opportunity to get up everyday no matter how early it may be.  But, folks, the best is yet to come...I was just in time for the perfect sunrise.  If you haven't been to the sunrise in a while, or ever, please take the time to do so.  It changes you or at the very least it changes your day.  If you can't get to the sunrise anytime soon please enjoy the picture of what I saw and have posted here.  And remember to appreciate the little things, like a puppy at her first sunrise.

4 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    Congrats on the new blog! I'm terrible at keeping in touch (as you certainly know), but it's so great to still be in the loop ... I love reading your posts and I MISS YOU!

    Sara Jamieson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elizabeth-

    We share with you your excitement of the new blog. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing and for helping to keep all of us updated.

    Cheers-
    Scott and Delphine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elizabeth, I love your new blog. Your words so uplifting and the sunrise. Amazing. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is such a great idea Lisa!! What a beautiful, beautiful sunrise. I am up every day at dawn, but never in the right window for viewing it. Rowen and I need to change our nursing spot one of these mornings. Anyhow, I am looking forward to reading your posts and hearing about life in the world of Lisa. I actually have a blog too, but it is anonymous! It takes great bravery to post under your own name, and I admire you for that. xoxo

    ReplyDelete