Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Healing and Control

It has not yet been a year since I was diagnosed with Primary Mediastinal B-Cell Lymphoma (a form of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma.  It feels like its been a decade.  In January of this year we began using the site Caring Bridge to share with our friends and family my progress, setbacks, and journey (which continues) through cancer.  There was and continues to be much to be said and shared but I've decided to move from Caring Bridge to this blog.  It is a control decision for me.  Anyone who has experienced cancer closely knows that one of the hardest parts is the loss of control in almost all parts of your life.  For me I am now choosing to write about the healing and growing part of this lifelong journey that I am on, in a different forum.  Basically, what I am trying to say is we began using Caring Bridge so that we could easily keep friends and family updated on my medical condition as well as share some funny stories along the way.  Caring Bridge was what we used because I was very sick.  I am not cured yet but I am much better than I was and although I have a gazillion pills to take every day I am here every day to take them.  This blog is about healing and about gaining back control.  I hope that you will enjoy, both new readers as well as those of you who have followed the Caring Bridge posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment