Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Blog Title Explanation

Many of you have probably figured out the meaning behind the name of this blog but for those who haven't I thought I'd take a minute and explain it a bit.  I was born on May 4, 1979.  I received a bone marrow transplant (my sister was my donor) on April 6, 2010.  I said pretty quickly that this equals 2 birthdays!  Two times a year to formally celebrate my life!  (A quick moment to thank my brother in law, Andrew, for sharing the April birthday with me).  I do my best to celebrate my life each and everyday but why can't I have 2 parties now?!  The answer, I can!  And plan too.  So, while cancer has taken much from me and my family over the last year it has also given a great deal and 2 birthdays is certainly a gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment