Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Thanksgiving has always been at the top of my list for holidays...family, friends, food, football, and the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!!  It just doesn't get better!  I have always been thankful on Thanksgiving but this year in particular I have so much to be grateful and thankful for.  We are in Seattle this year in a wonderful rented house with my brother-in-law, sister-in-law, and my beautiful niece.  Great friends of ours live about 5 minutes away and we will be enjoying the Thanksgiving meal with all of us...6 adults and 4 kids!  At this time last year things were not nearly this positive although we tried very hard to make it great.  It is so nice to know that this year's Thanksgiving is already giving us wonderful memories and fun adventures.

A memory from this Thanksgiving that I will never forget and feel is important to share, was a great way to start this vacation.  On our flight to Seattle from Dallas-Fort Worth (I know...a really direct way to get here from Boston) there were several service men, clearly traveling home after being away for varying lengths of time.  Sitting across the aisle from us was a young man in army fatigues who smiled at Grace regularly throughout the flight.  When we had landed in Seattle and were waiting to get off the plane he asked me "how old is your daughter?" "3 and a half" I said and then asked if he had a little one at home.  His face lit up as he responded, "I'm about to meet her, she's 2 months and 1 week old!" It was all I could do not to cry on the spot.  We were then lucky enough to see the reunion and meeting at the gate.  What an amazing thing to see...a young father seeing his wife after a 7 month deployment and meeting his baby girl for the first time.  There is something to be thankful for.

I feel so very blessed to be here today and am so very thankful for the many, many people who helped to make that possible.  This last year has been difficult and yet here I am on vacation with my family enjoying each moment as they come.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  Please know love and support abound in your direction from all over and that to be grateful and thankful each day is a gift that you can give and receive.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you had a wonderful holiday! Please visit my blog where I have dedicated a post to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made me burst into tears. Thank you. May the season bring everything good to your family Lisa.

    ReplyDelete