Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Post-Vacation Energy

You all know the normal post-vacation feeling....you return from a week away, relaxing and enjoying yourself, only to discover that you are now exhausted and hardly ready to return to the "real world".  Whether its the final travel that does us in or simply the shock of coming back to reality, it is often difficult to re-enter.  Well, we returned late Monday night from a great vacation in an unnamed southern state...basically a week bike riding and beach going with a little golf and shopping thrown in for good measure.  Oh, and a whole lot of food!  Enough food, in fact, to cause my WII Fit to tell me I'd aged several years in just a week.  Anyway, for some unknown reason I have returned from vacation with a great deal of energy and an amazing ability to make AND complete a list of tasks each day.

I've always been good at making the list but not so good at crossing things off.  In fact, I have even been known to add things to a to-do list that I've already done just so I can feel good about crossing something off!  Somehow, even though we didn't arrive home until Monday night at around midnight I seem to be able to stay up a little later and get a whole lot more done. 

I'm not entirely convinced of the point of this post except maybe to recognize a change in myself.  Its been a long time (a little over 2 years, I think) since I have really been able to focus.  My memory is still shot but if I keep my handy notebook and calendar at my side, I just might be able to accomplish some big things!  Here's to trying!

1 comment:

  1. yes, what you said is very true, sometimes let us less confidence to wait.

    ReplyDelete