Pages

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A letter to my medications

Dear Meds,

How's it going?  Did you all enjoy the little vacation you took in January?  I assume you went on vacation, as I have had a continuous sinus infection since then.  I'd like to think that if you were going to go away somewhere you'd let me know first, I count on your watchfulness to help me stay healthy.  It appears though that whichever one of you was supposed to fill me in, got a little to excited about the cruise or the skiing or the warm beach, and forgot their pre-vacation job.  As a result, and I imagine you've noticed, I'm now taking an additional 8 pills a day on top of the 14 of you.  Now Meds, is this really fair?  I don't think so, especially since I didn't get to enjoy the vacation part of this deal.  I'm still here in the cold and snow waiting and hoping for spring to arrive!

So, next time you all decide you'd like to get away for a bit could you please run it by me first?  I'm sure we can work something out that would allow for me to stay healthy and empty of snot and for you to get your trip.

Sincerely yours,
Elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. I still marvel at the number of pills I have to take 2 years post transplant. Hope you start to feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think this is a very reasonable request. you should win a cruise for taking all those meds in the first place don't ya think? i do! cancoon spring break do i hear?
    danielle m.

    ReplyDelete