Pages

Saturday, October 9, 2010

6 Months Post Transplant!

Home from another check-in with my team of Doctor's at NIH. They continue to be thrilled with my progress! My blood work is "normal" and seems to show up that way at each of my weekly blood draws here at home, I'm gaining weight (slowly but surely), I feel great, my GVHD seems to be being managed well, and last but, very important, my PET scan showed only that the mass in my chest is continuing to get smaller and there is no sign of cancer activity in it! There were a lot of smiles as the doctor's told me we call this partial remission! I think that Adam said it best when he said yesterday "so basically you're a normal human who gets to take a whole lot of pills and have scans regularly!" You all can decide how normal I may be but yes basically I get to continue living my life in the best way I know how each and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment